The Bushnell 1600 Laser Rangefinder with Pinseeker has been an extremely solid performer for quite awhile now. The truth is that as technology goes, laser rangefinders are probably amongst the slowest evolving gadgets, which is why the 1600 has stood the test of time.
“Bushnell 1600 Laser”
There are newer models that are a little bit faster and smaller and there are newer models that have easier to read displays. However most of them have lower zoom levels than the Bushnell 1600 which boasts 7x magnification. The only other choice with 7x zoom is the new Bushnell Pro 1M, which costs quite a bit more.
If you’re interested in exploring your options, you might try our Laser Selection Tool or look at our picks for Best Golf Rangefinders of the year. Just know that the Bushnell 1600 is still worthy of consideration.
Our review of the Bushnell 1600 takes into consideration the most commonly mentioned pros and cons found in hundreds of user reviews.
Bushnell 1600 Review Score:
Score compiled from multiple sources including Amazon, GolfSmith and TGW.
4.56 out of 5 (222 reviews)
- Long range
- Feature Set
- Scan Mode with Pinseeker – keeping the button depressed allows the pinseeker to tell the difference between foreground and background objects and circles the foreground object, which is usually the flag and locks in the yardage.
- Comfortable eye piece (even with glasses)
- Strong construction
- 7x lens
- Users who owned the Bushnell 1600 with Slope were happy with its performance. Recommended for hilly courses if you don’t plan to use it in competition.
- Easy to use, but some noted that it took a little practice. Most felt that you didn’t have to be too steady, but a few had trouble initially.
- Easy to read display
- 9v battery
- No annual fees
- Bulky Case
- A few users noted that the battery door wasn’t very secure.
|Battery Life||approx. 12 mos.|
|Notes||There are two editions of the Bushnell 1600 – Tournament and Slope.|
|USGA Compliant (local rule)||Yes|
|We work very hard to obtain the correct information about product features, but cannot make any guarantees about the accuracy. Please double check with the merchant or manufacturer before making a purchase.|