Our Garmin Approach X40 Golf/Fitness Band Review will be coming soon, but here are our initial thoughts.
We love Garmin golf watches and we love Garmin fitness bands, so we find the Garmin X40 band very exciting.
Garmin Approach X40 User Rating:
4.17 out of 5 (86 reviews)
Score compiled from multiple sources.
Golf features include distance to the front, middle, and back of every green, plus hazard distances. You can see the shape of the green and manually adjust the pin position. AutoShot tracking measures and records your shot distances automatically. It has a scorecard and stat-tracking. Combining these features with Garmin Connect make post-game analysis really interesting.
Activity tracking shows steps, distance, calories burned, heart rate and activity intensity. If that’s not enough, you can get notifications from your smartphone.
- Distances to the front, middle, and back of the green
- Green shape from your point of view
- Manual pin positioning
- Distances to hazards
- AutoShot round analyzer measures and auto-records shot distances
- Pairs with Garmin Connect for interesting post-game analysis
- Pairs with Garmin TruSwing™ sensor for metrics to improve your swing consistency
- High-resolution display easily readable in bright sunlight
- Activity tracking – steps, heartrate, and sleep
- Receive smart notifications for incoming calls, texts and other alerts
|Model||Garmin Approach X40|
|Course Download Fees||No|
|Pre-loaded with Courses||40,000+|
|Battery Life||10hrs GPS / 5 days|
|Measure Shot Distance||Yes|
|Screen Size||1 x .42|
|Display Type||hi-res touchscreen|
|Rainproof||Yes (50 meters)|
|Manual Pin Positioning||Yes|
|Computer Analysis Tools||Yes|
|Aerial Hole View||N/A|
|Green Rotates to your shot angle||Yes|
|Add Courses Manually||N/A|
|USGA Compliant (local rule)||Yes|
|Notes||ElevateTM wrist heart rate technology and activity tracking|
|Where to Buy|
|We work very hard to obtain the correct information about product features, but cannot make any guarantees about the accuracy. Please double check with the merchant or manufacturer before making a purchase.|