Here is our breakdown of the best golf GPS rangefinders…
- Garmin Approach G6 – If you’re looking for a full-featured GPS and the Garmin G6 fits your budget, look no further. The ratings and user reviews for the G6 are extremely impressive. Until now, full-featured models have struggled to get the top ratings because they have more to prove than basic models. The Garmin G6 seems to have all the features and it’s easy to use.
- Garmin Approach G5 – If the G6 isn’t in your budget, take a look at its predecessor, the Garmin G5. It’s larger than the G6 and the screen isn’t quite as bright, but the reviews are good and the price is right!
- Golf Buddy Tour – It’s preloaded with thousands of courses, has a color depiction of the green on each hole and distances to the front, middle, back of greens, as well as hazard information.
- Bushnell neo+ – In our opinion this small package has the best combination of price, features and simplicity of all the basic golf GPS devices. It’s preloaded, has distances to front, middle and back of every green, plus hazards and users love it!
- Golf Buddy Voice – Super simple to use with big numbers and it speaks hole and distance information to you. You won’t get the extra hazard information, but it is capable of measuring your shot distances. It’s super small and can slip into your pocket or clip on just about anywhere and for those who struggle with seeing other rangefinders, this device levels the playing field.
- Izzo Swami – If you don’t need the voice, shot measuring or hazard information, you can save some money with the Izzo Swami. It’s basic and small and the price is budget-friendly.
Golf GPS Watches
- Garmin Approach S1 – This highly-rated golf GPS watch changed the landscape of the golf GPS world. Although the feature set is small, it is super easy to use and extremely convenient. Golfers LOVE it. Golf courses are reloaded and you get distances to the front, middle and back of the green, plus a shot measuring feature. Newer watches with more features haven’t won over the market just yet.
- Garmin Approach S3 – The Garmin Approach S3 golf watch with touch screen is preloaded with distances to front, middle and back of every green, plus hazards. It even has a green view with manual pin positioning. It’s impressive to see how much they packed into this easy to use golf watch. It’s not quite as affordable as the S1, but those extra features just might be worth it!
For more detailed comparisons of all the top-selling golf GPS rangefinders, see our GPS Reviews and Scores.