‘Bushnell Tour V4 Shift’
Our Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Review will be coming soon, but here are our initial thoughts…
Bushnell Tour V4 Shift User Rating:
4.67 out of 5 (3 reviews)
Score compiled from multiple sources.
Our first look at the specs had us wondering what the difference was between the Tour V4 Slope and the new Tour V4 Shift. Overall, these units are almost identical. The size, shape, and weight are the same. They both have Pinseeker, Jolt, 5x magnification, and the ability to easily switch out of Slope mode to become legal for tournament play.
The difference is simply a change to the Slope switch. It’s small, but quite significant. On the V4 Slope, you simply pushed the Bushnell logo on the side of the unit to switch Slope mode on or off. The new V4 Shift changes the switch to a slider that covers up the word “SLOPE” when Slope mode is disabled. That does two things:
- allows your fellow competitors, opponents, and rules officials to see that you’re using a legal rangefinder
- keeps you from any uncertainty once you’ve teed off in competition. You don’t want to have to look into the viewer and shoot a target only to find out you had left the Slope mode turned on.
For that reason, if you ever compete in events where rangefinders are allowed, we definitely would pick the V4 Shift over the V4 Slope.
Bushnell has a long tradition of producing the highest-rated golf rangefinders on the market. We expect the Tour V4 Shift will be no different. In fact, we expect this model to become the best-selling golf laser rangefinder with Slope within a few months.
- Slope Switch – Allows you to use the Slope feature when you’re playing for fun and legally turn it off when you’re in competition. With Slope turned on, you can see the degree of elevation and an estimate of how much shorter or longer a shot will play.
- Pinseeker Jolt Technology – This gives a visual indication on the screen, plus a vibration when it is locked onto it’s target.
- Magnification: 5x
- Accuracy: measures to within 1 yard.
- Fast Focus
|Model||Bushnell Tour V4 Shift|
|Battery||3 Volt CR2 Lithium|
|Battery Life||est. 1 Year|
|Notes||-Slope Switch for easily turning the Slope feature on or off.|
|USGA Compliant (local rule)||Yes, if Slope Switch is Down (Off).|
The Bushnell Tour V4 Shift is Bushnell’s response to the 2016 USGA and R&A local rule change that allows rangefinders with Slope to be used as long as Slope mode is disabled. We think this will likely become the best-selling slope ranegfinder on the market. Like it’s highly successful predecessors, it has Pinseeker for easily acquiring the flag over other objects; Jolt technology, so it vibrates when you have locked the target; and 5x magnification. Bushnell’s long history of producing the highest-rated laser golf rangefinders should also give you confidence in making this choice.
|We work very hard to obtain the correct information about product features, but cannot make any guarantees about the accuracy. Please double check with the merchant or manufacturer before making a purchase.|