The Callaway XHot has been retired. Check out our current recommendations for the best golf rangefinder.
One of the most striking things about our Callaway XHot Rangefinder Review was how many users thought it was a great value. All laser rangefinders get loads of comments about the accuracy and that was also true with the X-Hot, but add to that, comments about ease of use and excellent price and you know you’ve got a winner.
Callaway XHot User Rating:
4.46 out of 5 (28 reviews)
Score compiled from multiple sources.
Below we list all of the pros and cons mentioned by users in our review, but first here’s a look at some of the noteworthy features:
- Long Eye Relief and folding rubber eyecup for eyeglass-wearers
- 6X magnification with focusing eyepiece
- Scan mode for up to 8 seconds
- Waterproof -filled with nitrogen gas, sealed with O-rings
90.5% of comments were positive.
- accurate (19.05%)
- value (12.70%)
- easy to use (12.70%)
- improves game (7.94%)
- exact distance to any visible target (6.35%)
- quality (3.17%)
- lightweight (3.17%)
- LCD clarity (3.17%)
- small size (3.17%)
- acquires distance quickly (3.17%)
- 1/2 yard increments (3.17%)
- works in all weather conditions (1.59%)
- First Priority Targeting (1.59%)
- simplicity (1.59%)
- convenient (1.59%)
- durability (1.59%)
- legal (1.59%)
- 6x magnification (1.59%)
- speeds up play (1.59%)
9.5% of comments were negative.
- defective (3.17%)
- target uncertainty (1.59%)
- difficult to keep steady (1.59%)
- difficult to use with sunglasses (1.59%)
- difficult to lock on long distances (1.59%)
|Battery||3 volt CR2 lithium|
|Notes||Long Eye Relief and folding rubber eyecup for eyeglass-wearer. Focusing diopter by simple twisting action. Waterproof – filled with nitrogen gas, sealed with O-rings.|
|USGA Compliant (local rule)||Yes|
The latest version of Callaway’s top-performing rangefinder series. Definitely one of the best values in laser rangefinders.
|We work very hard to obtain the correct information about product features, but cannot make any guarantees about the accuracy. Please double check with the merchant or manufacturer before making a purchase.|