There isn’t enough feedback yet for us to do our complete Leupold GX-2i2 Review. However we want to outline the features and give you our initial thoughts on Leupold’s newest rangefinder.
Leupold GX-2i2 (slope) User Rating:
4.22 out of 5 (13 reviews)
Score compiled from multiple sources.
The are two reasons we really like the Leupold GX-2i2. First, it’s one of two laser rangefinders on the market that have the ability to easily switch between having Slope turned on or being completely legal for any tournament using the USGA local rule. Second, of those two units, this one has the better price (compared with the Bushnell Tour V4 Slope)
Besides that, the Leupold GX-2i2 has some interesting bells and whistles with it’s TGR® and Club Selector™ features (see features below). If you’re a bit of a geek you will surely love these features and if you’re not, you can just ignore them.
- True Golf Range™ (TGR®) – Uses elevation, altitude, temperature, and other atmospheric conditions to estimate a “plays like” distance.
- Club Selector™ – makes club recommendations based on the True Golf Range (TGR®) of your shot and the distances you have previously entered for your 8, 6 and 4 irons.
- PinHunter 2™ – filters out background images and makes zeroing-in on the target faster and easier.
- Weatherproof – Not only is it durable and waterproof, it has Fog Mode that will improve accuracy when you play in foggy conditions.
- Prism Lock – combined with PinHunter 2 makes “locking on” faster than ever before. You get an audible tone when the rangefinder finds the prism, and the distance is immediately displayed.
- One Touch Scan Mode – provides multiple readings in one quick sweep.
- USGA Legal (local rule) – An easy On/OFF menu choice to quickly disable all non-compliant features.
Leupold & Stevens is a fifth generation, family owned company based in Beaverton, Ohio.
|Model||Leupold GX-2i2 (slope)|
|Battery Life||>6,000 actuations|
|Notes||* On/Off switch for Slope and extra features makes it USGA legal.|
|USGA Compliant (local rule)||Yes, when the slope feature is turned off.|
We love the price of the GX-2i2 and we love that you can make it tourament legal without a hassle.There are also a few interesting features that you won’t find on any Bushnell rangefinder. You can input some of your club distances and weather information so the GX-2i2 can calculate the “Plays Like” distance and recommend a club. The only other rangefinders on the market that has an easy On/Off switch to make it tournament legal are the Bushnell Tour V4 Slope and the new Bushnell Tour V4 Shift.
|We work very hard to obtain the correct information about product features, but cannot make any guarantees about the accuracy. Please double check with the merchant or manufacturer before making a purchase.|