‘Izzo Swami 4000+’
Our Izzo Swami 4000+ Review is based upon observing common threads of appreciation and criticism for specific aspects of performance. After combing through over 100 reviews, we are truly impressed with the Izzo Swami 4000+.
Izzo Swami 4000+ User Rating:
4.42 out of 5 (235 reviews)
Score compiled from multiple sources including Amazon, GolfSmith and TGW.
A unit priced this low usually doesn’t get quite so many rave reviews. If the size and features match your needs, we wholeheartedly recommend this unit. There are a couple of valid complaints that you should consider, but keep in mind that almost 90% of all comments we considered relevant, were POSITIVE.
First, we will list the features and below that will be our summary of the pros and cons.
- Distances to the front, middle, and back of the green is displayed on the main screen
- Distances to hazards and doglegs
- Pre-loaded with 30,000+ worldwide courses
- No computer downloads or annual subscription required
- Large, vibrant, easy to read 1.8” color display
- Course map editing feature
- Auto-hole advance
- Shot distance measurement
- Supports 4 different languages
- Displays distances in yards or meters
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery – lasts up to two rounds
- Durable and waterproof
- 1 year limited warranty
- Accuracy – There were a huge number of users who felt the Swami 4000+ was extremely accurate and not one who complained about the accuracy. That is almost unheard of in golf GPS.
- Value – Again, many of the reviewers felt this was an amazing value and none complained.
- Ease of Use – Lots of praise and no complaints.
- Battery Life – Quite a few users mention that the battery life was good and we saw no complaints.
- Hazards and Doglegs – This was a popular feature, however, there were a few complaints that there were not enough hazards listed.
- Auto Hole Advance – This is the top complaint for the Swami 4000+, but no one considers it a deal-breaker. The auto hole advance on the Swami 4000+ only works if you take the unit onto the green with you. The upside to this flaw is that it a simple button press to manually move to the next hole.
- Screen Readability – Of the users that mentioned the display and readability, most loved it. However, there were a couple that thought it wasn’t great in bright sunlight.
- # of Courses – Most users that mentioned this were happy with the number of courses. There were, however, several mentions of a course not being in the database. Most users who had reached out to Izzo to have a course added were successful, but there was a delay of several weeks.
- Compared to Competion – Both in accuracy and value, quite a few users were happy with comparisions to other golf GPS models.
- Auto Course Recognition – Most people were satisfied in the the amount of time it took to find a course, but there were a couple of comments on it take a little longer than the user thought it should.
- Charges Fast – Quite a few users mentioned that this device charges quickly and we saw no complaints.
- Size – Although one user wished it was even larger, the rest of the comments about the size of the unit were very positive.
- Customer Service – A few users were pleased with the responsiveness of customer service and a couple were unhappy. Editor’s Note: We noticed that for many of the complaints we saw, Izzo had reached out encouraging the user to call for help. Here’s the number in case you ever need it! (800) 777-7899.
- Problems with the Clip – There were a few users who had trouble with the screw on the belt clip coming out and either being lost or stripped. We did see Izzo offer to replace those parts for free.
Overall, we think this a terrific golf GPS and love the size of it for people who have trouble seeing the smaller displays. We’re thrilled that Izzo added hazards to this model. We wish the Auto Hole Advance worked without carrying it to the green, but consider that a minor inconvenience.
|Model||Izzo Swami 4000+|
|Course Download Fees||No|
|Pre-loaded with Courses||Yes|
|Battery Life||2 rounds|
|Measure Shot Distance||Yes|
|Manual Pin Positioning||No|
|Computer Analysis Tools||No|
|Aerial Hole View||No|
|Green Rotates to your shot angle||N/A|
|Add Courses Manually||N/A|
|USGA Compliant (local rule)||Yes|
|Notes||*If you find hazards missing, let Izzo know and they will remap the course.|
|Where to Buy|
|We work very hard to obtain the correct information about product features, but cannot make any guarantees about the accuracy. Please double check with the merchant or manufacturer before making a purchase.|