Our SkyCaddie SG3.5 review summary takes into consideration pros and cons mentioned in user reviews all over the web. Our Ratings Score is a calculated based upon user ratings from a variety of websites to help when making comparisons between golf rangefinders.
Just as a side note, one of our editors was recently caddying in a group where a SkyCaddie SG3.5 was being used by a former LPGA star who now walks the fairways as a golf television commentator.
One thing to consider when purchasing are the annual fees required to get the most out of this unit. New models from other manufacturers come preloaded with courses and do not have annual fees. Take a look at our Best Golf GPS breakdown to find out the best model for your game.
SkyCaddie SG3.5 Review Score:
Score compiled from multiple sources including Amazon, GolfSmith and TGW.
4.20 out of 5 (75 reviews)
- AAA batteries – no recharging worries if you carry an extra set
- color display
- choice of viewing formats
- ability to move pin location
- auto hole advance
- stat tracker – downloadable
- lots of courses
- compact size
- easy to use
- Lack of good instruction manual
- difficult to read in direct sun
- uses batteries fast (3 rnds or less with alkaline). Using rechargeable batteries was recommended by several users
- IntelliGreen® Pro (Beta) adds the ability to view major tiers, contours, false fronts and mounds from your angle of approach to the green.
- HoleVueTM powered by TrueGroundTM Mapping Beta displays a graphical image of a hole using SkyGolf’s reliable TrueGroundTM mapping process. HoleVue availability is limited, but more courses are being added.
- SkyCaddie’s QuickVueTM displayes a virtual preview of the safest path from the tee to green.
- SkyGolf’s IntelliGreen® technology provides you with an eagle’s view of each green from anywhere on the golf course. The graphic rotates to provide front carry, back yardages, and green depth from your approach angle.
- Digital Scorecard allows you to enter your handicap into the preferences and the pars for your handicap are automatically highlighted on the digital scorecard.
- The SkyCaddie can tell you with a simple touch of a button how far you hit a shot and record the club used so you can refer back to it later.
- Instant Distances to Greens and Hazards
- Up to 40 targets per hole
Many features require a SkyCaddie Annual Membership